Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Free Post...

Tell me about your final project/portfolio..how is it coming along? Do you have any problems?

To be honest I haven't had much time to work on my final project and the portfolio. With the weekly assignments and the blog, along with work from all my other classes, all I have been able to do is the work thats been assigned to be passed in. I have done the first lesson plan, which is an internet workshop, along with the actual handout that will be passed out to the students to do the internet workshop. I have also started the overview/narrative for the final project and I signed up for the date that I will present. I'm still not quite sure what activity I will present for the class. The internet workshop is all finished and ready to do, but it isn't as exciting as the Amusement Park ride that I'm planning to finish the unit on the digestive system. I've been able to explore the SketchIt program a bit, but I haven't written the lesson plan or designed the handout for the students yet. I think it would be really neat to present the Amusement Park ride activity to the class because it covers a program that we won't be covering in class (and a program that I think is super fun).

I've also decided to try and incorporate the Inspirations! program, mainly because it has an excellent template for structure/functions that I can definitely use in the Digestive System Unit. I'm debating whether or not I want to tie it into the Internet Workshop, the Amusement Park Ride activity, or make it a lesson plan all on its own. I think that the best way to incorporate it would be during the middle of the unit as a lesson on its own, but I don't think I'll have to time to create a whole new lesson plan.

Time Time Time!! I need more time :)

I haven't had time to work on my portfolio either, other than the small amounts that we have done in class creating the actual page and titles. I'm still somewhat wary as to what to write for a paragraph on the different title pages, but that will be something that I'll have to sit down and really think about. I have been trying to figure out which project should go where and I have attached a couple of projects already. I'm looking forward to having more time in class, rather than weekly projects to work on both the final project and the portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment